Login    Register

The Mid-summer MX5 Madness Clare to Here Run & BBQ

Planning a run or tech-day? Post the details here
  • Author
Re: The Mid-summer MX5 Madness Clare to Here Run & BBQ

Postby Coleslawsome » Mon, 21 Jun 2010 11:18 +0000

Homemade panorama photo of the BBQ setup from Saturday afternoon.

The grounds looked much worse for wear Sunday morning, mind you. :roll:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Coleslawsome

Postby Gill » Mon, 21 Jun 2010 11:38 +0000

Hi All,

Well I have officially signed up. Lovely to meet you all this weekend and what a weekend it was, a big thanks to everyone for making myself and Lorna feel so welcome. Thanks so much.

Mike you have a great set up there, thanks very much for all the work and especially your patience - :lol: putting up with my siblings attempt at water skiing.

I wont be a stranger! Loving the photos!

Gill
Gill

Postby franksm » Mon, 21 Jun 2010 11:47 +0000

Thanks everyone for such a class weekend - especially to Mike and to Ann. As you say in these parts 'the craic was mighty'. Got home last night around 1830h with 3rd degree burns to the forehead. All the signs of a great weekend :D

I have some fab photos that I will upload later, especially from the top of that mountain (what was it called again?) and from the jetty as you were taking off in the motorboat.
It's a small world after all. It's a small, small world
franksm

Postby TeenaG » Mon, 21 Jun 2010 12:51 +0000

Unusually... I have no photos!

For the first time in years, my iPhone got dumped unceremoniously in the glove compartment and never came out... I'm kind've stunned, and back in work, I'm only realising the enormity of my severing all contact with the outside world!!!

I can only say the sun shone on Killaloe and all who flew in her this weekend. What an absolutely fantastic couple of days.. I actually refused point-blank to sleep on Saturday night in case I missed a moment!

Thankfully, precious memories have no problem replacing photo-shop for me, this time out. From the fabulous new friendships forged, to the stunning glass-like images motoring back by boat from Killaloe along the Shannon on Sunday night. Walking home a couple of miles in bright sunshiine at 7am (or was it 8?) just a few hours before; jogging through a carpet of pine-needles to discover Brian Boru's Fort and the secret campers nestled in its heart... The craic of waterskiing adventures, the silken touch of swimming through the contradiction of a warm Irish lake - and BBQ dining al-fresco on Killaloe's finest fare; salads touched with flowers, and fresh fish caught on a sea of charm in the local market and smoked with pine-nuts and sunshine.

Happy Birthday Anne; you and Mike did the Shannon proud. Thanks to all my fine friends, and here's chin chin.. as I raise my Beweley's wax-glazed, disposable coffee dispensed Dublin business based cup to the next glorious run.....
Climbed Elbrus, Island Peak, Kilimanjaro, Elgon, Everest BC, Mulhacen, Elgon, Kayaked the Liffey to the Nile, swam the Liffey, the Lee & packed ten triathlons into a year... catch me blogging on: http://www.teenagates.com
TeenaG

Postby leamyj » Mon, 21 Jun 2010 1:53 +0000

Coleslawsome wrote:Thanks for a wonderful time, everyone! Special thanks to Frank and co. for letting me pass out on their couch. Chalk one up for sunstroke, I guess.

(Well, sunstroke and alcohol.)

Quite bummed out there aren't any pictures from this weekend of Steve in his wetsuit, by the way.

I think I have some, Steve..How much NOT to post?? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
leamyj

Postby shenab » Mon, 21 Jun 2010 5:45 +0000

you gotta John .. sorry but for all the ladies here .. you gotta!!!

(sorry Will !!)

oh and Gill, you are welcome. It's about bloody time too!!
"I am not only a pacifist but a militant pacifist. I am willing to fight for peace.
Nothing will end war unless the people themselves refuse to go to war"
- Albert Einstein
shenab

Postby pk10 » Mon, 21 Jun 2010 6:49 +0000

I think I have some, Steve..How much NOT to post?? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:[/quote]

I sense there may be some protracted behind the scenes negotiations taking place over this matter so to help things along I think it is fair to say that whatever Steve is paying, we girls will double it FOR the photos!! :lol:

I know it is not all about money John, but you do have a new car to pay for. :wink: :twisted:
pk10

Postby shenab » Mon, 21 Jun 2010 7:00 +0000

Kay - this shouldn't be something you think about, seriously girl .. post em!
"I am not only a pacifist but a militant pacifist. I am willing to fight for peace.
Nothing will end war unless the people themselves refuse to go to war"
- Albert Einstein
shenab

Postby anniniwa » Mon, 21 Jun 2010 7:14 +0000

Finally I have enough energy to type!

Where to start?? What a weekend!! Great to see all the old faces and the new, welcome Jack, Orla, Gill and Richard and anyone I may have left out (so not good with names!) The weather was fab (man above owed me a favour), gorgeous food (thanks Will and John for playing chef), cars a gleaming but most of all the company was just the shizzle!

Big hip hip for Mike though for whom without it wouldn't have been the incredible weekend as he arranged the marquee, waterskiing etc even baking brown bread at 2am this morning for his guests. Your a star Mike ..thank you so so much!

Shena, u brat...thanks for the cake and to everyone for their cards etc, greatly appreciated ..hmm might even crack open one of them now!

So much could be said about the weekend that I could type all day but in a nutshell it was truely amazing especially the boat taxi back from the pub at 1.20 this morning on a glass lake gazing at the stars (cud cry here, getting all emotional).

Here's to the next run and seeing you all again soon.

Photo's to follow...ammm, is there a censorship rating on this forum??? :D

Ann
anniniwa

Postby leamyj » Mon, 21 Jun 2010 7:35 +0000

leamyj wrote:
Coleslawsome wrote:Thanks for a wonderful time, everyone! Special thanks to Frank and co. for letting me pass out on their couch. Chalk one up for sunstroke, I guess.

(Well, sunstroke and alcohol.)

Quite bummed out there aren't any pictures from this weekend of Steve in his wetsuit, by the way.

I think I have some, Steve..How much NOT to post?? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Not only have I pics, I have video too :mrgreen: :mrgreen: ..price has just doubled!!

sorry...TREBLED
leamyj

Postby Midlifecrisis » Mon, 21 Jun 2010 9:08 +0000

OOOOHHH EMMMMMM GEEEEEE
I'm knackered....(finally)...

Thanks to all (and the sun-gods) for making it a fab weekend. So much was going on its hard to sum it up....... Master-Chef/Goon-Show/Muppets meet Monty Python on water...and apologies (???) for there not being a run as such - sure didn't yet have to drive to get here & back ;)
Hopefully the other distractions compensated - even if I did have to walk 3-4 miles at 7am. All I can say is that 'twasn't Macbeth who murdered sleep....

This icing on the cake was the 'marquee' flipping over last night - its much easier to dismantle upside-down. I'm also now the proud custodian of TWO mega-water-pistols ... the now de-riguer item to bring on any '5' outing (thanks Kay).

Photos to follow once I get my camera charged
Midlifecrisis

Postby Medic5 » Mon, 21 Jun 2010 10:51 +0000

What weekend????
lol Did a Paul Daniels on a large bottle of Jack Daniles :oops:
Medic5

Postby leamyj » Mon, 21 Jun 2010 11:33 +0000

Medic5 wrote:What weekend????
lol Did a Paul Daniels on a large bottle of Jack Daniles :oops:

WHAT???? You sawed a bottle of JD in half??? WOW :mrgreen:

Bet you drank loads of Daddy's "special" coke to celebrate 8)
leamyj

Postby jack » Mon, 21 Jun 2010 11:35 +0000

Thanks to all our new friends for a fantastic weekend.
Mid Summer MX5 "madness", is the right discription :roll:
Here's to the next time.
Thanks guys and girls :D
Jack & Kelly
To Feel Is To Believe !
jack

Previous

Return to Runs and tech-days