Login    Register

charity run

Planning a run or tech-day? Post the details here
  • Author
charity run

Postby hoookie al » Sun, 11 Jul 2010 8:36 +0000

am thinking about setting up a run .. 32 counties in 32 hrs. cannon ball run mx5 style
i have no idea what charity or when but maybe a fund raiser for teena ??
cars would need two drivers as it would be 32 hrs only stopping for petrol lol. will need help with route and to fit in as many twisty bits as possible .. who is up for it??
high revs low gears
hoookie al

Re: charity run

Postby anniniwa » Sun, 11 Jul 2010 8:42 +0000

Good idea Alan, massive goal set there...like to see how this thread runs but I'd be up for some of it ...I think!
anniniwa

Postby hoookie al » Sun, 11 Jul 2010 8:46 +0000

we would start out in kerry and pick up people along the way .. i want to do it all :) it would be great for what charity we pick , its been done before i think and i think it would make a great weekend
high revs low gears
hoookie al

Postby leamyj » Sun, 11 Jul 2010 9:20 +0000

I think a relay type run would be very interesting,will require a LOT of planning though.
leamyj

Postby TeenaG » Sun, 11 Jul 2010 9:54 +0000

Thanks for the mention Al... that would be an amazing run, and I'd definately want to be on it. With a 6-week lag for permits etc, there probably wouldn't be enough time for my charity to benefit from this one. I am going to be fundraising on a smaller scale in the weeks to come though, and would really appreciate support from my MX5 friends. Got a little project, I'm working on, which I'll post details about as soon as I get a green-light from a couple of people!!!! :wink:

For those who haven't come across me before - let me explain. This time last year, I was very sick, very sad, and could barely walk. This year, I've lost ten stone, I'm getting fitter every day, and I'm climbing to Everest Base Camp later this year for the Hope Foundation. The Hope Foundation is an amazing Irish charity that gives life and hope to street children in Calcutta. Basically, I've been given my life back, at a time when I really thought I was gonna pop-my-clogs; and if that's what hope's about, I feel priviledged to try and help a charity that spreads some of that around, to those who are most desperate.

I'm fiercly passionate about this challenge, and I'm going to be looking for lots of help in the weeks ahead! I'll keep you 'posted'....
Scrambler.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Climbed Elbrus, Island Peak, Kilimanjaro, Elgon, Everest BC, Mulhacen, Elgon, Kayaked the Liffey to the Nile, swam the Liffey, the Lee & packed ten triathlons into a year... catch me blogging on: http://www.teenagates.com
TeenaG

Return to Runs and tech-days