Login    Register

'Cars at the Castle' - Phoenix Park to Slane - August 29th

Planning a run or tech-day? Post the details here
  • Author
'Cars at the Castle' - Phoenix Park to Slane - August 29th

Postby TeenaG » Thu, 12 Aug 2010 11:39 +0000

"Cars at the Castle 2010"

An amazing exclusive day out for vintage and specialty car-enthusiasts in support of the Everest Base Camp challenge of 98FM Head of News, Teena Gates.

Join me on Sunday August 29th, meeting at Furze Road in Dublin’s beautiful Phoenix Park at 10am and driving to Slane Castle for a picnic and tour of the castle and its amazing rock history. There are prizes for the best picnic hamper brought along on the day, for best turned-out car and best turned-out driver. The day costs €20 per car and everyone who pre-registers will automatically enter a prize-draw for something fabulous. There are a limited number of places though so hurry up and sign-up for “Cars at the Castle”.

Click on the castle to pre-register

This is the first of a number of fund-raising events on my trip to Everest Base Camp this October for the Hope Foundation, a long-standing Irish charity that offers shelter and support to street kids in Calcutta. I’ve lost ten stone in the past year in preparation for this amazing challenge, and ‘Cars at the Castle’ is the first of several super events I’m planning along the way. Music, celebrities, the 98FM Funky Fiat 500’s, spot prizes galore, tickets and trinkets, a scavenger hunt for ‘smaller passengers’ and a special day out for all guaranteed. In the best Slane tradition we’ll marry nostalgia and chic, with some serious prizes, and we might even have a Lord in the hot seat to lead us out from the Park! Yes, I’m looking for your help and yes there’s a small registration fee, but I promise not a bucket in sight on the day (although if you want a sponsorship card, they’ll be in the boot of my 20 year old Mk1 MX5). My pre-expedition fundraisers are all based around people and places that mean a lot to me; my car’s been my friend and my hobby for the past decade and I cut my ‘concert teeth’ at Slane. So join me on August 29th and let’s rock!

Pre-registration online here or check me out @ www.98fm.com

(€20 per car – places limited – prize pool for the first 20 entries)

Here’s the ‘before’ shot – in case you thought that ten-stone bit was a typo!

Climbed Elbrus, Island Peak, Kilimanjaro, Elgon, Everest BC, Mulhacen, Elgon, Kayaked the Liffey to the Nile, swam the Liffey, the Lee & packed ten triathlons into a year... catch me blogging on: http://www.teenagates.com
TeenaG

Re: 'Cars at the Castle' - Phoenix Park to Slane - August 29th

Postby shenab » Sun, 15 Aug 2010 11:28 +0000

Ok .. I'll start this off with who I think is coming

1. Shenab
2. Ivan
3. TeenaG
4. Medic
"I am not only a pacifist but a militant pacifist. I am willing to fight for peace.
Nothing will end war unless the people themselves refuse to go to war"
- Albert Einstein
shenab

Postby TeenaG » Mon, 16 Aug 2010 3:28 +0000

Hey... I've been busy!

http://tinyurl.com/38fvx8p
Climbed Elbrus, Island Peak, Kilimanjaro, Elgon, Everest BC, Mulhacen, Elgon, Kayaked the Liffey to the Nile, swam the Liffey, the Lee & packed ten triathlons into a year... catch me blogging on: http://www.teenagates.com
TeenaG

Postby johnv » Mon, 16 Aug 2010 6:43 +0000

shenab wrote:Ok .. I'll start this off with who I think is coming

1. Shenab
2. Ivan
3. TeenaG
4. Medic
5.johnv
johnv

Postby bren » Mon, 16 Aug 2010 8:06 +0000

1. Shenab
2. Ivan
3. TeenaG
4. Medic
5.johnv
6. Bren
We are only immortal for a limited time
bren

Postby pk10 » Mon, 16 Aug 2010 8:43 +0000

1. Shenab
2. Ivan
3. TeenaG
4. Medic
5.johnv
6. Bren
7. Kay

Due to some family committments I'll be joining you at Slane Castle, don't pull up the drawbridge :wink:
pk10

Postby TeenaG » Tue, 17 Aug 2010 12:54 +0000

Yay... we're building up! Coolio.. I've got a couple of nice cars coming from Octane too, and my Garage guru out in Ashbourne's bringing his Bentley and his sister's got a cool wee Mazda suprise coming. The vintage car mags are carrying a feature on the 20th. It's shaping up lads!

By the way - the HOPE Foundation is officially launching the EVEREST challenge today. You guys have all been in 'the know' for ages - but now we get to tell everyone else. Will you help?
TeenaG

Postby Cloggy » Tue, 17 Aug 2010 11:25 +0000

1. Shenab
2. Ivan
3. TeenaG
4. Medic
5.johnv
6. Bren
7. Kay
8. Robin aka Cloggy (maybe)
9. JD (maybe)
Cloggy
FUN is never a straight line!
Cloggy

Postby TeenaG » Wed, 18 Aug 2010 12:22 +0000

Yay.... I've got a red Midget coming too..

New experience tonight. My first ever press-launch and photo shoot. Despite being in the public eye for 20 years, I've usually managed to avoid the camera.

As a hack (journalist)it feels very strange to be the 'other' side of the lens!
TeenaG

Postby TeenaG » Thu, 19 Aug 2010 11:43 +0000

:lol: I'm going to EVEREST.... donate to my HOPE account at http://tinyurl.com/32fr2ur
:lol:
TeenaG

Postby Paschal » Mon, 23 Aug 2010 8:27 +0000

I'm in......signed up

1. Shenab
2. Ivan
3. TeenaG
4. Medic
5.johnv
6. Bren
7. Kay
9. JD (maybe)
10. Paschal
Paschal

Postby franksm » Tue, 24 Aug 2010 8:59 +0000

1. Shenab
2. Ivan
3. TeenaG
4. Medic
5.johnv
6. Bren
7. Kay
9. JD (maybe)
10. Paschal
11. Frank (in the oul Stag)
It's a small world after all. It's a small, small world
franksm

Postby TeenaG » Tue, 24 Aug 2010 9:05 +0000

This is great.. ten of my darling MX5s, I've got a couple of Porsches, a Bentley, a Mazda 'suprise', a vintage BMW, a corvette, a red midget, a couple of beetles, a mini... a load of other cars have registered and more have promised to come on the day. I reckon we'll have 20 cars anyway - and it could be much more if the weather's good and everyone turns up.

NEWS: Lord Henry Mountcharles and his son Lord Alex are joining us in the Phoenix Park and leading the way back to Slane Castle... and they're driving one of these:
2002-Chrysler-Prowler-last.jpg

The prizes for the day are stacking up tooo..... including a suite for 2 in the stunning Clarion Hotel in Sligo! woo-hoo

It's gonna be a great day - with a band jamming in Slane - whiskey tasting for passengers and a scavenger hunt for 'tiny passengers'...

I can't WAIT to see you all... to relax from all the training and fundraising, and just have a great time...

xx
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TeenaG

Postby anniniwa » Tue, 24 Aug 2010 10:09 +0000

This is brilliant Teena, ur an inspiration. Unfortunately, I may not be there due to family commitments however if this changes we'll definately be there.

Way to go girl!

A
anniniwa

Postby CashelMX5 » Tue, 24 Aug 2010 11:34 +0000

Great work Teena. The news on the weather front is that its lookin good for the weelkend - let's hope their right ,for both our sakes.

P.S. If J.L. is going, tell Henry to keep a close eye on him or that trailer will vanish :mrgreen:
CashelMX5

Next

Return to Runs and tech-days