Login    Register

Cork MEET

Planning a run or tech-day? Post the details here
  • Author
TIMING LIGHT!!

Postby Sean » Sat, 23 Feb 2008 12:59 +0000

Guys and Gals....if anyone has (or has access to...) a timing strobe light can they please bring it to the meet this sunday?I badly need to adjust timing! I went to buy one today in local motor factors and lost control of my bowels when i was quoted EURO 132.00! :shock: Needless to mention i didnt buy it,and made a (slippery) exit... :oops:
Sean og
Sean

Postby MX5Steve » Sat, 23 Feb 2008 8:06 +0000

anyone headin down bringin their hard top, I reckon my window might be knackered and I'd like to try out another one with the demister to see if maybe the window harness is the problem...... :?
MX5Steve

Postby Fergus » Sat, 23 Feb 2008 8:19 +0000

Let me guess, your window doesn't go up fully to make a seal against the rubber ?
I'll bring some tools.....since I've to show Seanie how to change his oil and oil filter (again !) just before the meet.
Fergus

Postby Sean » Sat, 23 Feb 2008 9:43 +0000

Again guys.....if anyone has or can get a timing light for tomorrows Cork meet i would really appreciate it thanks :lol: :lol:
Sean og
Sean

Postby MX5Steve » Sat, 23 Feb 2008 10:16 +0000

Fergus wrote:Let me guess, your window doesn't go up fully to make a seal against the rubber ?
I'll bring some tools.....since I've to show Seanie how to change his oil and oil filter (again !) just before the meet.

no no my demister wont work......

with the hard top disconnected and the demister switch on. I get .....
No light on dash and 12v supply at harness

with the hard top connected and the demister switch on. I get .....
a light on the dash bu the demister wont work..... I can't detect any supply on the window... I reckon my harness from the hard top to the rear connector is knackered........

http://www.mx5parts.co.uk/product_info.php/products_id/987
MX5Steve

Great day

Postby sandyland » Sun, 24 Feb 2008 4:19 +0000

Cant wait to see the pic's lads, a clunk clunk noise from my diff stopped me joing today :( maybe next time
If its not broken, I havent fixed it!!
sandyland

Postby Sean » Sun, 24 Feb 2008 6:25 +0000

Mise,Stephen and his brother,Fergus and myself met up today in KFC and had a good chinwag and a lot of laughs :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
We then went on a short run through the Jack Lynch tunnel and up as far as the ESB in wilton before coming back down again to the Dunkettle roundabout where i had to peel off into the city.
Stephens brother was taking some great action shots as we hurtled along (cant wait to see em! :wink: ).........and the noise inside the tunnel from 4 mx"s actually gave me a stiffy :D
I believe Fergus caught me on camera whipping my small,bent,inadequate dipstick out again so expect a pic of that too (you lucky readers!)
Hope we can organise another one soon......and make a day out of it maybe?We can meet up early,have a chat,then launch ourselves on the rambling roads of West Cork...........summers only round the corner :wink:
Sean og
Sean

Postby Mise » Sun, 24 Feb 2008 7:15 +0000

What a great Cork meet today..
As Sean says it made for a great session with a good bunch of lads and a laugh was had by all.. One thing that sean didn't mention was when he said SHORT RUN It was only short because of the way it was driven :x Think Gumball Rally ..Think tops down ...Think Sun shining...Think blurrrredd cars oh my god here comes the
Jack lynch tunnel...AGAIN !!!

one ...

two ....

ZOOM ZOOM ZOOOM

Great day guys ... lets see those piccys !!!!
Mise

Previous

Return to Runs and tech-days