Does anybody know the actual route that they'll be taking
fierymx5

Re: Charity Drive in Aid of The Oncology Unit Tallagh Hospit

Postby Paschal » Sat, 28 Apr 2012 3:38 +0000

fierymx5 wrote:Does anybody know the actual route that they'll be taking

See previous post from Pat

Hi Folks
I am hoping to see a lot of Mx.s on the day--

The Run is being organised by myself & a few friends The young man in question is currently attending
The Oncology Unit for treatment. So his father wants to give something back as a thank you .
this is why we are having this run. The route will be as follows --Starting point--The Lord Bagenal Hotel
Leighlinbridge ,Co ,Carlow. -----Kilkenny--- Mooncoin--Carric-on- Suir--back to Mullinavat (official stop)
Graiguaemanagh----Inistogue---back to -Leighlinbridge--.
Route Maps & Registeration will be on the morning of the Run. plus for all Entrants there will be a Draw
for various prizes one to Include a --- B/B for 2 people at the Hotel--.

Lunch Stop is at your choice The Rising Sun in Mullinavat is our official stop they have full Restaurant
facilities. Note that the Route is in Miles .

Find us on facebook search for Oncoclogy Unit Tallagh Hospital will keep you all posted

Thanks everyone

Pat
Paschal

Postby Oregato » Sat, 28 Apr 2012 3:40 +0000

This will be great, any idea on numbers that are expected?

Also, might be worthwhile to stick the date in as tomorrow in the header so people may read it, (i've a tendancy to skip threads now and again) but it might bring it to peoples attention/remind them that this is tomorrow!
Oregato

Charity Drive in Aid of The Oncology Unit Tallagh Hospital

Postby fierymx5 » Sat, 28 Apr 2012 9:11 +0000

Maybe it's not cumin up because I'm checkin this on my phone.But can't see any thing about what route they'll be taking just where it's starting from.Which is only down the road just wondering because my brother wants to try join us along the way. He's kinda fond of tallaght hospital after he spent bout 6 months in it after a bike accident . Any info thanks lads
fierymx5

Postby Paschal » Sat, 28 Apr 2012 10:31 +0000

fierymx5 wrote:Maybe it's not cumin up because I'm checkin this on my phone.But can't see any thing about what route they'll be taking just where it's starting from.Which is only down the road just wondering because my brother wants to try join us along the way. He's kinda fond of tallaght hospital after he spent bout 6 months in it after a bike accident . Any info thanks lads

See post above for route
Paschal

Postby fierymx5 » Sun, 29 Apr 2012 8:43 +0000

Thanks paschal wasn't opening on the phone for me for sum reason
fierymx5

Postby peteh » Sun, 29 Apr 2012 6:01 +0000

a few quick snaps from the day, nice to meet you all, was a grand run, maybe a bit blustery!

peteh

Postby leamyj » Sun, 29 Apr 2012 6:28 +0000

Yeah, blustery it was indeed.

Spent a lot of the run avoiding branches on the road, we even came across an ESB .....Sorry Paul :mrgreen: , telephone pole almost across the road.
Congrats to Paschal for eventually getting us back to our starting point, them map things can be very confusing. We never have those kinda issues when the runs are organised by mx5'ers...maps?? What are they??? :D :D
Pat, congratulations on what seems to have been a very succesful venture, hope you raised loads of money for a very worthy cause.

Also great to put a few more faces to names, well done everyone.

John

PS, they weren't maps as we know them, kinda pace notes with junction and distances info thereon, only the distances were in miles, my car only has an odometer that registers kilometres!! A great system actually :wink:
leamyj

Postby Paschal » Sun, 29 Apr 2012 8:13 +0000

Great day out, cold and blustery, but still very enjoyable. Congrats to Pat and PJ for a well organised day. I think it was 8 or 9 MX5's on the day, so one of the better ones. Great to meet new people, faces to names etc...

Well done again

Paschal

Postby paulc » Sun, 29 Apr 2012 9:17 +0000

Arrived home safely, what an enjoyable day. Nice to meet up with you all and put names to some of the faces. Thank you Pat for putting together such a good route, even if we did our own version a couple of times. Hopefully when all the monies are counted it will have been worth all the effort. I left home with a full tank of juice and had the light flashing at me before I reached the city limits on the way back, I didn't realise they were that thirsty, or maybe just a good sign of a fun day out. Thanks again lads, hopefully I will meet up with you all before too long.

paulc
paulc

Postby fierymx5 » Sun, 29 Apr 2012 10:04 +0000

Hey hope u all made it home safe and sound lads .big thanks to pat for all the effort and great route they planned even if we diverted a bit.Was great to put some faces to names hopefully get to meet up again soonImage
fierymx5

Postby Oregato » Mon, 30 Apr 2012 7:06 +0000

Great to meet a few of you guys :)

Paschal, sorry for being late yesterday morning, I misjudged the time required to get to Tullamore!

Was a good day out! A nice collection of 5's :)
Oregato

Previous

Return to Runs and tech-days