Login    Register

battery replacement

Need help or advice fitting or fixing something
  • Author
battery replacement

Postby jack hoey » Wed, 27 Mar 2013 11:09 +0000

Recently purchased 2006 1.8 mk3. Battery (which looks like the original one) isn't holding full charge. anyone know what Bosch battery fits? Also there is a complication. I haven't got the radio activation code. Have contacted the dealer and he promised to contact Mazda Ireland and get back to me. That was only yesterday. i need information please.
jack hoey

Re: battery replacement

Postby MX5Spares » Wed, 27 Mar 2013 11:34 +0000

Mazda have the codes but they usually charge 25e so look again in handbook or contact previous owner if you can Anyway that won't affect the battery,maybe the is a drain on the battery say overnight or very unlikely a faulty battery. Type of battery is not really important as long asvits near the same output .There is ratings on old battery ie 500amp etc but with petrol cars standard battery is fine to use. You could ask autonelectrician to check charging rate of alternator etc
MX5Spares

Re: battery replacement

Postby jack hoey » Thu, 04 Apr 2013 5:42 +0000

autocheck.Thank you for your advice.It was a dying "Panasonic" battery after all. Replaced with an S4 silver " Bosch. "There is no radio code for that car," said a friendly Mazda dealer when supplied with the reg and chassis no. and indeed the audio system didn't "throw a hizzy" when the new battery was connected. Jack.
jack hoey

Return to How do I....