Login    Register

Touch up scratches .. eg Key Scratches & the like

Need help or advice fitting or fixing something
  • Author
Touch up scratches .. eg Key Scratches & the like

Postby aidanodr » Mon, 26 Mar 2012 5:20 +0000

Hi Guys,

I have an 2003 MX5 Nevada Strato Blue Special Edition.

Just cleaned it today, first summer wash after winter. Where I am I gave up cleaning it during the winter due to farm muck on roads and the like. Wasted cash and time with cleaning, 10 minutes later destroyed again.

Over the last 6 months I have accumulated a few hair scratches and bigger through to the white, not too deep. One of these is a KEY SCRATCH down behind drivers door, as if someone "scribbled" a key in one area. Might also have been caused by someone leaning on car in that area. I have two scrathes on the boot. One appeared after I came back to my car in a shopping centre multi storey. Looks like someone parked behind my car putting something into there boot and scrapped my boot.

So I need advice and info on where to buy some touchup paint for these scratches?

I also noticed on my hardtop down behind the passenger door I have a small paint bubble. Any ideas on this one.

Overall these scratches are not destroying the look of the car BUT I do notice them AND am cheesed off with the couldnt give a toss attitude of some in car parks when opening doors and hitting other cars etc. Im sure I am not alone on this :(

Aidan
aidanodr

Re: Touch up scratches .. eg Key Scratches & the like

Postby paulc » Mon, 26 Mar 2012 8:41 +0000

Hi Aidan,

As well as mx5Ireland I also am joined the Mercedes Benz Club in the UK. In their monthly magazine they advertise a crowd called 'chipex.co.uk' who sell a paint system for removing chips etc. There is a short video on their web site which looks impressive but I have absolutely no experience of their product other than what I have seen on their web site. I have often said I will give them a try, I have a bonnet full of chips on the Merc. which need attention. Now, if the chips were on the 5 I would have had them removed a long time ago!
paulc

Postby aidanodr » Mon, 26 Mar 2012 9:00 +0000

Hi Paulc,

That stuff at www.chipex.co.uk looks interesting. My Strato Blue colour is in there too under Mazda/MX5. Might be worth a go at theat price.

Heres a review:

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=325366

Aidan
aidanodr

Postby paulc » Tue, 27 Mar 2012 9:01 +0000

Hope it works out, I have been out washing the 5 since dinner time and have noticed a few chip marks that were not there at the start of the winter. I will be interested in how you get on if you decide to try them Mine is metallic slate grey so may be more difficult to match.
paulc

Postby goseatonio » Thu, 29 Mar 2012 8:26 +0000

Interesting,

It would be interisting to know if Chipex works ok. :roll:
www.mx5spain.com
goseatonio

Return to How do I....