Login    Register

Hardtop Wanted

Looking for something, put it uo here
  • Author
Hardtop Wanted

Postby Vladzillamx5 » Sun, 05 May 2019 6:59 +0000

Hey gals and pals, Just invested in a 93 1.8 mk1, shes nice, had a 00 1.6 mk2 before and was not half the car this mk1 is, handles so well and even tho not a lot of extra power but something about this road rawness that the early 90s jap car has as the 92 fd3s and 91 fc3c that i had, its something you cannot get in cars from 2000-on... even the smell...

anyway, the roof is brown on it and in bits so ive been refreshing every website trying to find a hardtop as like the spud i am i sold my mk2 with its hardtop for peanuts.. and didnt realise that they were like japanese hens teeth, so please if anyone comes by this post and knows someone with a hardtop whatever color as long as its not in bits and wont cost an arm and a leg please shout, and i will replace the roof but want it to be brown, so again let me know where i could pick one up please.

if you guys could direct me in the right way for best place to get parts as it needs a service bad, by the looks of it the previous owner was very tail happy with it and didnt bother to put a penny into it. so ill be changing all of the consumables and been looking around for a good place to order affordable parts from, so far i found 2 uk based websites "mx5heaven" and "mx5parts"... so if anyone has any suggestions, please!

also needs to be sandblasted and undersealed so again if you know someone good please let me know.

first things first new oil this week engine then gearbox, sparkplugs, rocker cover gasket and cas seal came friday so ill get to it, and need to sort out a mystical footwell leak on the passanger side, shit load of water is coming from somewhere when it rains.. and not from the roof...

anyway thanks in advance for any tips and advice, cheers lads and lassies. :D
Vladzillamx5

Re: Hardtop Wanted

Postby Pops » Sun, 05 May 2019 8:58 +0000

Hi, welcome back to mx5 ownership, consumables such as plugs, filters ,oil etc are pretty much the same as you’ll get in any motor factors, (I don’t mean the online ones which can be a bit expensive), saying that though, eurocarparts have a website that you can get some prices which will give you an idea as to costs. Robert ( mx5 parts) on here had access to some genuine Japanese parts, not sure exactly what though.
The passenger footwell water could be caused by the upper drain hole being blocked, there’s a drain hole in the top corner of the rubber seal where the roof meets the windscreen
Pops

Postby Vladzillamx5 » Sun, 05 May 2019 10:01 +0000

Thank you Pops, I have the contact details for Robert in swords, bought stuff off him before, thank you. Will be onto him 100%. Need to get a roof asap, so keep me updated if you hear anything. thank you
Vladzillamx5

Postby Fergus » Wed, 08 May 2019 8:40 +0000

There's a few over on the FB Page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/701339086660911/
Fergus

Postby Vladzillamx5 » Wed, 05 Jun 2019 6:27 +0000

Thanks guys got sorted with One from Victor in Belfast, what a gent
Vladzillamx5

Return to Wanted