• Author
Re: It's finally back :)

Postby rhysmate » Mon, 08 Oct 2012 2:05 +0000

bend the rules............rule the bends

--Turbo Mx5 Build Thread Of Epic Power--
rhysmate

Postby leamyj » Tue, 09 Oct 2012 1:29 +0000

Tempted , but not committing yet..only have to the end of this month on road tax.....what to do? What to do??
We'll see!

John
leamyj

Postby rhysmate » Tue, 09 Oct 2012 2:38 +0000

its on this month :P last chance before the winter
bend the rules............rule the bends

--Turbo Mx5 Build Thread Of Epic Power--
rhysmate

Postby mx5ideways » Wed, 10 Oct 2012 12:33 +0000

rhysmate wrote:its on this month :P last chance before the winter

Ya try and come if you can John and Steve too, would be nice to catch up, if yere busy that weekend its no problem though
1990 Eunos Roadster 1.6: cusco coilovers, carbing front and rear strut braces, 1.8 brakes, performance engine and diff mounts, stage 2 cerametalic 6 puck 1.8 clutch with lightweight JUN 1.8 flywheel, 1.8 LSD, GReddy manifold, Garrett T25 turbo, ARTech down pipe, E-Manage blue ecu, Altezza injectors, FMIC. Zoom engineering center console, carbon fibre bonnet, garage vary front lip, lightweight garage hundred one hardtop, carbing 6 pt cage.
1999 mx5 1.8 RS: XYZ drift spec Coilovers, reversed Ssr dori dori mesh wheels, wide arches, custom bonnet with s15 vent, rx8 spoiler, carbon rx7 sideskirts, full Arc induction kit, heated electric leather rx8 seats.
mx5ideways

Postby mx5ideways » Wed, 10 Oct 2012 12:56 +0000

Had my nct today on this, only failed on small things which I knew were going to fail it anyway, I just didn't get the chance to sort them and wanted to put it through anyway in case I needed to do anything major, was afraid she might might fail on the restriction on the seat travel cause of the roll bars, plus was afraid of loudness of the exhaust and emissions cause of the turbo, tyres were borderline and was thinking it might be too low too but all it failed on was number plates, one lightbulb, orange side indicators (lack of), oil leak (which I wanted to fix ASAP anyway) and horn (had tried fitting my snap off steering wheel and in the process couldn't get that working in time).
I don't think I did too bad considering the car has been off the road for 1 and a half years and i didn't adjust lights, was missing my center silencer and the piece for quietening the exhaust at the exit or didnt do tracking or anything since I got it back :)
1990 Eunos Roadster 1.6: cusco coilovers, carbing front and rear strut braces, 1.8 brakes, performance engine and diff mounts, stage 2 cerametalic 6 puck 1.8 clutch with lightweight JUN 1.8 flywheel, 1.8 LSD, GReddy manifold, Garrett T25 turbo, ARTech down pipe, E-Manage blue ecu, Altezza injectors, FMIC. Zoom engineering center console, carbon fibre bonnet, garage vary front lip, lightweight garage hundred one hardtop, carbing 6 pt cage.
1999 mx5 1.8 RS: XYZ drift spec Coilovers, reversed Ssr dori dori mesh wheels, wide arches, custom bonnet with s15 vent, rx8 spoiler, carbon rx7 sideskirts, full Arc induction kit, heated electric leather rx8 seats.
mx5ideways

Postby andrew » Wed, 10 Oct 2012 9:41 +0000

Stick with it Kieran, builds like yours always have teething problems. I don't know anything about the emanage, but my megasquirt only needs a wideband o2 input. I think your starting problem is fuel/ECU related.
andrew

Postby back_in_black » Wed, 10 Oct 2012 8:44 +0000

Hi Kieran, would love to make the tech day but have a date in Thomond Park that day. Do you mind telling us what was wrong with your number plates?
back_in_black

Postby mx5ideways » Wed, 10 Oct 2012 10:46 +0000

back_in_black wrote:Hi Kieran, would love to make the tech day but have a date in Thomond Park that day. Do you mind telling us what was wrong with your number plates?

No problem, they were aftermarket ones, I think he said they were a fraction too small plus I had cracked the front one off a kerb :roll:
mx5ideways

Previous

Return to Turbo Talk