Login    Register

Skoda pick up

Forum for discussion on non-MX5s
  • Author
Skoda pick up

Postby mx5ideways » Wed, 23 Apr 2014 9:17 +0000

I bought this a few weeks ago, not great to look at now but il tidy it up and respray it in a few months, the main reason I bought it was for the 1.9 Volkswagen diesel in it (reliable, cheap to run, powerful enough to tow the mx5s if I ever need to plus great for collecting/moving parts and finally commercial tax :) ) il fit the newer shaped Felicia front to it before I paint it (looks abit more like the Octavia) il fit my wolfrace slots to it and respray it gloss black then.
1990 Eunos Roadster 1.6: cusco coilovers, carbing front and rear strut braces, 1.8 brakes, performance engine and diff mounts, stage 2 cerametalic 6 puck 1.8 clutch with lightweight JUN 1.8 flywheel, 1.8 LSD, GReddy manifold, Garrett T25 turbo, ARTech down pipe, E-Manage blue ecu, Altezza injectors, FMIC. Zoom engineering center console, carbon fibre bonnet, garage vary front lip, lightweight garage hundred one hardtop, carbing 6 pt cage.
1999 mx5 1.8 RS: XYZ drift spec Coilovers, reversed Ssr dori dori mesh wheels, wide arches, custom bonnet with s15 vent, rx8 spoiler, carbon rx7 sideskirts, full Arc induction kit, heated electric leather rx8 seats.
mx5ideways

Re: Skoda pick up

Postby Fla » Wed, 23 Apr 2014 10:00 +0000

Towing the mx5, that'll never happen. I love pick ups, my father in law revamps 1950's ford v8 f1 pick ups, some day I'll have one. Are they getting strict with the commercial tax in some counties? Not so bad down here but I've been told they want herd numbers or vat numbers now.
Fla
---I'm back----
Fla

Postby mx5ideways » Wed, 23 Apr 2014 10:24 +0000

Fla wrote:Towing the mx5, that'll never happen. I love pick ups, my father in law revamps 1950's ford v8 f1 pick ups, some day I'll have one. Are they getting strict with the commercial tax in some counties? Not so bad down here but I've been told they want herd numbers or vat numbers now.

I know haha but going to trackdays etc be handy bring the mx5 on a transporter and throw my tools spare wheels etc in the back of the pick up, I'd no problem with tax anyway, maybe I was just lucky with who I got signing the form but heard it was getting harder to get the commercial tax alright
1990 Eunos Roadster 1.6: cusco coilovers, carbing front and rear strut braces, 1.8 brakes, performance engine and diff mounts, stage 2 cerametalic 6 puck 1.8 clutch with lightweight JUN 1.8 flywheel, 1.8 LSD, GReddy manifold, Garrett T25 turbo, ARTech down pipe, E-Manage blue ecu, Altezza injectors, FMIC. Zoom engineering center console, carbon fibre bonnet, garage vary front lip, lightweight garage hundred one hardtop, carbing 6 pt cage.
1999 mx5 1.8 RS: XYZ drift spec Coilovers, reversed Ssr dori dori mesh wheels, wide arches, custom bonnet with s15 vent, rx8 spoiler, carbon rx7 sideskirts, full Arc induction kit, heated electric leather rx8 seats.
mx5ideways

Postby MX5Spares » Thu, 24 Apr 2014 7:48 +0000

You now need proof of either VAT number or PRSI number ( to eliminate black market lads apparently0) If you come across one of those 4 in 1 checkpoints you will see, Revenue,Customs,Garda and Social Welfare .Garda check you car ,tax,insurance etc,Customs dip your tank if its diesel and any other registration issues ,Revenue demand your PPS/PRSI number and on the spot ,laptop jobbie, check your income tax situation ie are you on the dole /disability and your driving a 10ton truck..!! etc etc.Raped basically by the Government.!!!
MX5Spares

Postby Fla » Thu, 24 Apr 2014 8:44 +0000

Well I agree with the checkpoints as a legit business we are constantly undercut by the man in the van but it's funny that you don't need a vat number to be in business nor do you need a herd number to own a stud farm so there are a lot of grey areas still. The downside about the commercial tax is if you are stopped by a grumpy cop and your coming back from a night out with your mrs technically he can ticket you. It's stupid really. That's why the vintage thing is handy.
Fla
---I'm back----
Fla

Postby Fla » Thu, 24 Apr 2014 8:57 +0000

Sideways,

Did you put twin lights into the mk1? Are they as cool as they look?
Fla
---I'm back----
Fla

Postby MX5Spares » Thu, 24 Apr 2014 9:17 +0000

You probably already know but eh mx5 wheels 4x 100 stud pattern fit that Skoda so you might pick up a set here. Also recently I sold a set of mx5 seats for same Felicia type pickup ( Wexford area ,white body ,wide rims) looked cool also . He had got a vinyl cover made for the rear pickup which looked well also. Olde Worlde nice. Kinda Retro
MX5Spares

Postby mx5ideways » Thu, 24 Apr 2014 9:36 +0000

Fla wrote:Sideways,

Did you put twin lights into the mk1? Are they as cool as they look?

Not yet but il fit them to the new mx5 I'm building.
mx5ideways

Postby mx5ideways » Thu, 24 Apr 2014 9:37 +0000

autocheck wrote:You probably already know but eh mx5 wheels 4x 100 stud pattern fit that Skoda so you might pick up a set here. Also recently I sold a set of mx5 seats for same Felicia type pickup ( Wexford area ,white body ,wide rims) looked cool also . He had got a vinyl cover made for the rear pickup which looked well also. Olde Worlde nice. Kinda Retro

Ok thanks Robert, ya you can make a nice job of them alright, it's a bit different, il get my brother to make up a cover for the rear and il tidy up the bodywork
mx5ideways

Return to My other car is a ...