Login    Register

Roll Bar!

From chrome to uber-bling l.e.d.'s
  • Author
Roll Bar!

Postby fugs » Fri, 23 Aug 2013 5:14 +0000

Hi gang. I'm looking to get a desent roll bar for my rs. Looking maybe to do the odd track day so want something proper. I dont want those style bar things. Looking at something like in the link below but wondered does anyone in Ireland supply anything like them? Thanks..

http://www.trlanefabs.co.uk/MAZDA-MX5-GP-ROLL-BARS.html
fugs

Re: Roll Bar!

Postby Dizz » Fri, 23 Aug 2013 9:59 +0000

I got a full custom job done up North, car is pretty much going to be a full track car but have bolt in door bars for ease of access rest of time. Few pics below after and before painting. Could obviously get a half cage done or anything else you wanted, can pass on the details if wanted 8)

Dizz

Postby leamyj » Sat, 24 Aug 2013 8:24 +0000

There's a guy near Newbridge who will make custom cages, he's used by a lot of racing, drifting, off-roading etc., drivers. His work is quality as it all has to pass scrutiny before any car can compete in competition. I can get his contact details if you're serious about fitting a cage, but be warned..you will lose a certain amount of space, as well as interior fittings, in your cockpit if you go for a full cage, I would suggest maybe a half cage unless you're seriously gonna be racing or rallying. I do the odd track day and I don't use any cage , a roll over is practically unheard of , but that doesn't mean it will never happen. If you're gonna keep the car fairly stock but are still concerned about safety, then a rear braced roll bar might be what you need...the pillars on the front windscreen have been designed to take the weight of the car in the event of a "domestic" roll over, but probably would give in the event of a high speed impact...but if it's only an occasional track day that you plan doing then you really should be fine with the rear braced roll bar. would you be new to track days or have you been before??

John
leamyj

Postby MX5Spares » Sat, 24 Aug 2013 9:37 +0000

Yes John I think you are right again !!! Full cage leaves very little room for daily use !!
MX5Spares

Postby fugs » Sat, 24 Aug 2013 1:11 +0000

I've done plenty track days over the years but never in am mx5. I have a stripped out caged track car so I'm not into caging the mx5 as its mostly a fun sunday car. I think the braced bar is all I want.
fugs

Postby charged_rs » Sat, 24 Aug 2013 6:20 +0000

i have a maruha chromalloy jap half cage with padding

click the link below for a pic of it

http://i.imgur.com/HUvgALZ.jpg
charged_rs

Postby fez » Thu, 29 Aug 2013 5:16 +0000

charged_rs wrote:i have a maruha chromalloy jap half cage with padding

click the link below for a pic of it

http://i.imgur.com/HUvgALZ.jpg